Introducing the New Facebook Dynamic Creative Tool

Introducing the New Facebook Dynamic Creative Tool

Are you tired of tweaking your ad campaigns for every unique customer segment? Are you having issues with headlines or call to actions that will influence your target audience?

If you are a Facebook user – then you might want to consider using their latest dynamic creative tool. A serious game changer, that will help you serve up the best and most effective combination of ad elements.

To have a successful ad campaign you must first need to have a social media strategy in place. Your strategy can help you identify your audience and demographics. Once you have the strategy in place, you can then focus on the advertising portion.

The dynamic creative tool can help you take the decision making burden off your shoulders – and allow you to focus on the ad itself. It automatically delivers the best combination of creative assets, and creative combinations by taking the components of the ad (images, videos, titles, descriptions, CTAs, etc.) and running different combinations of these assets across audiences.

This tool is only available in Power Editor or the recently updated Ads Manager, so please make sure you are using the correct tool.

From a technical perspective, Dynamic creative accepts the basic components of a Facebook ad you enter and “automatically explores a series of ad variants based on these components.” The system converges on creative components that deliver the most efficient results for each impression served. It will ensure your audience is always served the best performing creative and deliver the most results for you set objective.

Keep in mind Dynamic creative is only available for the following objectives (traffic, conversions, and app installs and two formats (single image and a single video.)

How to Set Up Ads Successfully Using the Dynamic Creative Tool

To set up dynamic creative – you must first click on “Create a New Campaign” button as you normally would with either traffic, conversions, or app installs set as your objective.

Create your new ad set as you normally do and save to draft.

Here at the ad set level, you will see the option to use dynamic creative. Click the radio button to use it.

Configure your ad set as you would normally do and Dynamic creative will change or remove them as appropriate for the target market.

With the next step of building your ad, you will see the option to add multiple assets to this ad.

Note: The maximum number of total assets you can use is 30. For example, you could use 10 images or videos, 5 bodies, 5 titles, 5 descriptions, 1 ad format, 1 link URL, 3 calls to action.

Once you’ve uploaded all of your assets, you can preview different variations of your ad. In the preview section, click View More Variations to view different permutations of your assets. Upon completion, click review draft items to confirm your ad changes.

Now that everything is set up, you can always check out the success of your ad campaign by viewing your campaign results in Power Editor by clicking “Breakdown.” Or you can always create and customize your own report in Power Editor.

To learn more about the new Facebook dynamic creative tool and how it could help your business, email aris@sillybeez.com

27 Comments on this Post

1. I find social media strategy a bit difficult. Maybe it’s because I’m lazy surfing and checking out or setting things up 😀 With this FB tool, I think it’s great! It’s going to be helpful – most definitely!

2. This makes ads easier. Earlier I was trying to boost my ad and I had to undergo another manual approval because I changed a segment. Geez. Good to know I stumbled into this and it’s very fitting for what just happened to me earlier.

3. The dynamism of online presence cannot be denied. Its amazing what you are doing to optimize the facebook add for the best result. This is something worth trying.

4. Alex Summers

I have no idea that FB is shaping itself into a more advertising platform. I know advertisers will have a field day with this.

• Aris Jerahian

Facebook is becoming a complete advertising platform. Their entire strategy is to push sponsored content. They have dropped organic reach to just one post per day.

5. Scott Summers

This is not surprising since FB is an integral platform that everyone uses. Adverting will take advantage of this no doubt.

6. Good news from Facebook, at least there’s one tool that does all the ad customization. I don’t run ads on Facebook but this looks to be helpful for those who do this. Thank you Aris.

7. I’m not a facebook ad user at all but it’s always nice to know the latest updates on how to create a better ad via FB. I’ll keep this in mind in the future… I know somebody who might be interested in the dynamic creative tool.

8. Nice work on keeping us informed. I was pretty bugged out by the fact that you had to do the changing every time you’d want to advertise to a different audience.

9. To be honest, I would advise some level of caution when it comes to FB advertising. The recent scandal of Kremlin propaganda has resulted in a bit of hesitance to click for those who follow the news.

10. “Your strategy can help you identify your audience and demographics” What I think that, when you set up your campaign, you might consider to think about your objectives, and then, target your customer profile.

11. Edwin Kamau

Had little idea about the ad thing. But from the look of tings, the new dynamic creative tool is quite a helpful tool.

12. David Mureithi

It’s a good tool to have. This days, you better have the best to get you going and I think this tool will work out for you.

13. Thanks for the information! It’s always interesting to learn a new tool that could be used by entrepreneurs/companies to market their products.

14. Faith Marfil

Facebook continues to develop and improve its website to make it easier for users to personalize their page. I love the new feature.

15. Woah. Didn’t know that Facebook has this new feature. Thanks for sharing this dynamic creative tool. I would love to try it.

16. Chatingale

Great to know a lot of innovations like this. It gives online marketing alternative ways to boost their ads.

17. roberachi

I never knew that using ads in social media platforms like Facebook was this easy. Now that I have the steps to setup ads in Facebook I must try it right away.

18. This tool will be greatly helpful to marketers using ads. Infact I might setup and start using it myself. Really nice piece article.

19. Jaayaprakash

Useful tool for online marketing. I might just try this out!

20. This is great news! I’m so glad Facebook is doing this for telemarketers. After all, we could use all available platforms. Thanks for the information!

21. Those who after to increase their sales should try this Facebook Dynamic Creative Tool. After all, nothing is more important than to provide your audience the most efficient results and deliver them according to every client’s needs.

22. Facebook is really a game changer. Who would have thought that a tool can create great ads for you?

23. Yup, it’s all in the strategy. You have to strategize well to save up resources. By the way, this is a great tool from Facebook!

24. Any tools that can help me be a more effective marketer is A-OK with me! Thanks for sharing Aris!

25. Franklin Roth

Sounds very interesting indeed. I will be emailing you for more discussion on this. Take care and Happy New Year!

26. I’m on this! This looks like a major breakthrough for social media advertising in 2018!